Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wonder-FULL Wednesday: Tears & Faith

Once again, I am a bit late getting the Wednesday posting out...but hey, there are still a few hours left in today :).

Here are today's questions.  I lumped them together because, basically, they are intertwined.

QUESTION(S):
Do you ever sit down and cry for a bit or
are you past that stage now?

How has the Lord helped you keep it together
when otherwise you would've given up?

ANSWER(S):




In response to the first part of the question, um....Is the Pope Catholic???  HAHAHAHA!! 
 
Yes, I do sit & cry a bit now & then.  Crying is NOT one of my favorite pastimes (I've been known to hate on a person who knowingly made me watch a movie for which I needed a tissue), so I don't do it very often.  I tend to bottle my emotions up for a long time, then explode like a volcano full of all kinds fun stuff!  As much as I would like to insert a *JK* here, I'm not.
 
If I cry...I'm done in.
 
But, I do cry.  It's so....cleansing.  Sometimes, it's just the thing.
 
As for the part about being past that stage...I have been a parent for nearly 18 years, and I have cried, recently, regarding the oldest child!  So, I am thinking that there is no "stage".  As a parent, I believe we will cry forever when it comes to our kiddos.  After all....Jesus wept regarding His kids....just sayin....
 
There is nothing wrong with crying or feeling frustrated or overwhelmed.  It happens. 
 
However, if it happens A LOT, then there may need to be some soul searching.  What is the source of your tears? 
 
Hormones?
Depression?
Pregnancy?
Disappointment?
Selfishness?
Pride?
 
Notice I did not include any outside sources in this list.
 
I did that on purpose.
 
See, there is only one person for which we are totally responsible for, & that is the one in the mirror everyday.  Yes, outside sources are often a reason for our tears, but HOW we respond to those events/people is entirely up to us.
 
I've been depressed.  I know that tears coming from depression seemingly have no source.  Those tears need help.  Don't be ashamed to ask for it.  Your family needs you whole & coherent...do it for them....
 
Now...how has the Lord helped me???
 
I think a better question would be:
 
How has He NOT helped me???
 
As I've mentioned before, I never signed up for this life....He saw fit to give it to me.  So, I have relied heavily on Him to supply my strength.  After all, He promised NOT to give us more than we could bear (through Him...always a catch...), and I, for one &  am holding Him to that promise.  The Bible says that children are a blessing, and they are.  If I begin to feel that they are, shall we say: less than a blessing, then it is usually due to something I am doing.  Maybe we are over scheduled...or under scheduled.  Maybe I am hormonal, & therefore *gasp* irrational.  Possibly I am expecting too much from the kids or even myself. 
 
When God began dealing in my heart to home school my children, I truly did not want to.  I was scared.  What if I screwed them up for life??  Whew...let's let someone else do that...then we can blame them!!!  LOL  Anyway, I learned quickly to ask His opinion about how our days were to run.  While I never woke up with my lesson plans miraculously filled in through divine intervention, I did have an occasional stroke of genius or come across someone or something that was just what I was needing at the time.  In other words, He always provided.
 
I am not homeschooling right now, but I still ask for His help every day.  I specifically ask for wisdom & strength to get through whatever the day will throw my way.  I can truly tell a difference from the days I forget.
 
I don't know if I've ever felt like giving up, but I have felt woefully under trained & very inadequate for the job He has set before me.
 
I'll close with a scripture that He laid on my heart a few years ago as I was REALLY struggling with my lot in life:
 
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"  Philippians 4:13
 
I would love to hear from you, whether it be a question or a comment, so feel free to either leave a comment here or drop me an email at:
 
photographer(at)kidshots(dot)net
 
I look forward to hearing from you....

No comments:

Post a Comment