Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hodge-Podge

It has been over a week since I've posted anything...sorry to all my avid followers...all 7 of you! LOL-I crack me up.

Well, our summer is off to a crazy start, but, then, crazy is normal for us.



Last weekend, I was invited by a friend to take a last-minutet trip to Dallas for the Great American Scrapbooking Convention. We had a blast! We cropped a little, shopped a little, cropped a little more, shopped a LOT more....it went on & on. I worked on updating my Christmas album which was 5 years behind. I know...what a loser, right? I truly enjoyed my time with my friend, we laughed...aLOT! I also enjoyed cropping...it got my juices flowing, and with all the money I spent, that's a good thing!



This morning, I kissed 1/2 of my family goodbye as they headed off to the campground. Not going is a decision I made after lots of thought. As much as I enjoy the meetings, the fellowship & the closeness to God, I DO NOT enjoy fighting with 5 small kids who are tired out of their minds, perpetually hungry & bored senseless, both on the road as well as in the services. So, for the 2nd year, I stayed home. This year, I have Lindsey, Barrett, Adam & Anna home with me. I have planned our "staycation" full of fun, low-cost activities. Today, we cleaned house (woo-hoo!), went to lunch, and bought groceries for our week. Then, the bigger kids played outside in the little pool for an hour or so. All in all, a good day.



I am thinking that this post is dragging a bit, so I am ending it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment