Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summertime Musings


Well, our summer is off to a great start! We have been so very busy already. These next 2 weeks will be the busiest of all, then...hopefully, we will be able to slow down.

This week started our 2 week stent of swimming lessons. Numbers 3,4,5, & 6 are all going this summer. It is NOT a cheap endeavor ($320!), but with a pond AND a swimming pool, we feel it is absolutely necessary for all of our children to learn to handle themselves in the water. Not to mention, they absolutely love it! Getting them to & from classes is an excercise in scheduling, though: 11-11:45, 11:45-12:30, and again at 3:00-3:45. Whew!

Also this week, some wonderful friends are coming to stay with us on their way down to Houston. We just love these people, so it is NO imposition to have them....still...the house needs to be clean.

At the end of next week, #'s 1 & 2 and I are headed out to Louisville, KY for a youth convention. They are excited, and I have mixed emotions. I am turning into a real homebody.




Otherwise, I am being a real bum! I have been able to do several things that I enjoy so far this summer, such as: sewing, scrapbooking & reading.

I just finished Laura Bush's "Spoken From the Heart", and I thoroughly enjoyed it. She really made it personal. She starts with her childhood & brings it up to this year. While the book did get a little bogged down with detail during the White House years, the wonderful little stories & tidbits of information made up for it.

So, that is what I'm up to right now. Now you know... :)

1 comment: